It seems that recently self care has become more and more of a hot button topic. I recently was browsing facebook and saw a post about how self care isn’t all “bath bombs and face masks” and that had me feeling some sort of way. As someone who (loudly and proudly) talks about how important mental health is, I love self care. It can seriously make a massive difference in your outlook and life if you suffer from anxiety, depression, and other related ailments.
Self care is a personal and unique experience for each person. That somewhat shady post had me a little sad, as the person who loves a good bath bomb or skincare after a bad day. But I was missing what the post was getting at all together; that self care doesn’t have to be expensive, and in some cases, won’t cost you a penny. No shame in your game if your self care routine involves bath and skincare products, though.
Low Cost Self Care Ideas
- Go for a day trip to a near by city or town. Explore the area, take photos, maybe stop at a cafe or restaurant or snack. Getting some steps in will help you to feel a little better!
- Get your nails done. This one is a little more pricey, but this is one of my favorite things to do when I feel gross!
- Get some ice cream! Totally soothes all wounds
- Have an at home spa day. Get some face masks from the store, put on some comfy clothes and have a day in. Ah, relaxation.
- Cook a new recipe. Just immersing yourself in a new recipe and focusing on cooking can lift you up. Plus, a healthy meal makes everyone feel good inside!
- Grab a coloring book and have at it. I love spending some time with some colored pencils and a nice picture, it helps so much to clear my mind.
No Cost Self Care Ideas
- Go for a walk! Studies have shown that exercise can help you lift your spirits. Plus, walks are good for everyone! Find a local park and take some time to explore.
- Take a bike ride. Like walks, find a trail, pack a snack and some water, and get going. You’ll feel better after!
- Do a mani/pedi at home. Grab some cute polish, and decorate your nails. I love having pretty nails, and it can help you to feel more pulled together on the days where you don’t feel yourself.
- Drink water! Grab a cute tumbler cup, and sip all day long. Staying hydrated keeps you feeling good.
- Take time for yourself. Feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Make sure you are scheduling time for yourself so you can destress and recharge. You can’t pour from an empty cup.
- Make sure you’re getting the proper amount of sleep. Again, can’t pour from an empty cup.
- Take time for your hobbies. Make sure you make time for the things you love!
- Spend time with friends and family. Surrounding yourself with positive people can help to lift you up.
- Take a warm bath or shower. Getting cleaned up can seriously help you to feel better.
- Understand that some days aren’t going to be amazing, and roll with that. Somedays will be hard, but always understand that there are positive days ahead.
What is your go-to self care technique? Share in the comments below, who knows, it might help someone else out!
If you’re looking to shop for some self care related treats, check out this article of mine!
Have a wonderful and healthy day!