CLE Comic Con – Wizard World 2018

So. I finally got to go to my very first Comic Con EVER this past weekend, and I think I have officially fallen in love. Like. Wow.

I was really anxious about going in the first place. I usually don’t fare very well in spaces that are crowded and hard to get out of, but the entire day wend without a hitch and I am so happy that I got to experience my first comic con with some of my favorite people and do an obnoxious amount of shopping.

Wizard World is a convention that tours the states, stopping major cities, bringing vendors, celebrities and panels for guests to enjoy during the day (or weekend). I don’t have much to compare it to, but overall we had a really great time.

We weren’t sure if we wanted to dress up in cosplay, with none of us ever trying it out before outside of the normal times to dress up (i.e. Halloween). We decided pretty early on that we wanted to dress up as a group (with myself being horribly indecisive about my costume for months on end), but we headed to the convention up in Cleveland in full on Star Wars costumes. I guess in my eyes thats like the way to experience it fully, and being a total nerd, I was really pumped to get to dress up like Captain Phasma for the day.

My absolute favorite part of the experience was the sheer amount of shopping there was to be done. So many artists and vendors had brought their pieces to sell, and I fell totally in love with so many new artists and their work! Of course it didn’t hurt that most of their art is themed around my favorite games and movies, but it was really cool to get some original art and chat with the people who make the pieces. I’m going to be sharing some of my favorite vendors on my instagram this upcoming week so be sure to stop by and check out some of the people who are making amazing stuff!!

Another really cool thing was getting to see everyone in their costumes that they worked on. Mine was purchased online, but you could tell that some people had spent months getting their costumes together and getting to show it to everyone was a serious sense of pride. Maybe sometime I can spend some time and make a really cool cosplay, but the people we saw had serious skill on their side.

I left with a better understanding and appreciation of conventions (and convention goers) in general. I can’t wait to go to another, with another costume, and get to meet some new amazing people, find new artists to follow, and do some serious damage shopping. Overall, it was a seriously positive experience and it was super fun to get to be a total dork for a day. If you’re interested in information about the convention that I attended, you can visit their website here.

Have you ever had the chance to attend a comic con? If not, would you? Share in the comments below <3

54 thoughts on “CLE Comic Con – Wizard World 2018

1. Nailil says:

Wow this looks like a really fun event. And like they have some nice souvenirs that one could take home.

1. Emilymoon says:

There was so much to shop! Thanks for stopping by Nailil!

2. Zoë says:

Ah I’m so happy to hear that you had a great time, these kind of events can be quite intimidating the first time you go. Best of all, you guys look fab in your costumes 🙂

1. Emilymoon says:

You’re not kidding, the nerves were unreal! Overall it was an amazing experience though!

3. tanya says:

My son has been wanting to go to one of these conventions. It’s fun to read what your experience was like.

1. Emilymoon says:

I would totally suggest attending one and experiencing it first hand. It was a ton of fun!

4. Elizabeth O says:

I’m pleased to read that you really enjoyed attending your first convention. I really like the cosplay you chose. It looks like a lot of fun.

1. Emilymoon says:

Thanks Elizabeth! It was a ton of fun!

5. How fun, sounds like a great event for you!

1. Emilymoon says:

Totally was! Thanks for stopping by Rebecca!

6. This sounds like so much fun. One of my favorite things about visiting conference is all the great shopping at the vendors.

1. Emilymoon says:

It was so much fun getting to talk to the people who make the products and support their art. The talent was crazy!

7. sheree says:

I have never been to comic con but it looks like a lot of fun.

xo Sheree

1. Emilymoon says:

Totally! Thanks for stopping by Sheree!

8. Marcie says:

I’d love the shopping, too! Kudos to you for getting out of your comfort zone and dressing up! What a fun convention!

1. Emilymoon says:

SO MUCH SHOPPING! It was so much fun getting to see so many new artists.

9. Kelley says:

Very great article describing your experience and everything you saw at the convention!! I have never attended one before but now I think I would truly enjoy one.

1. Emilymoon says:

I would totally suggest attending one if there are conventions for your interests. It was so nice to be around so many like minded people!

10. Cait says:

how fun! I love comic con! I went last year to the one in San Diego!

1. Emilymoon says:

SO LUCKY!!! I have a friend who’s been trying to go for years but hasn’t had much luck with the lottery. Must be super exciting!!

11. I used to go to comic cons with my brother since he is a big fan. It was always so much fun. Your pictures make me want to visit one soon!

1. Emilymoon says:

You totally should! It’s so much fun.

12. Blu says:

This is so dope! I’ve never been to a convention before, hopefully, that’ll change this year!

1. Emilymoon says:

You totally have to give one a try. It was seriously so much fun!

13. What a fun weekend! I’ve not been to a Comic Con event, but they look like a great time! Love that you all dressed up!

Totally! Thanks for stopping by Becky, love your blog!! <3

14. This looks like so much fun! I have never really been to too many conventions, but maybe now I’ll try them out!

1. Emilymoon says:

If there is a convention for something youre interested in or passionate about, I would HIGHLY suggest looking into seeing if you can go. It was so much fun to be around so many like minded people.

15. Jennifer says:

Wow so much fun!! It’s so fun to be around people with the same interests!!! Looks like you had a blast!

1. Emilymoon says:

Totally! Thank you for stopping by Jennifer!

16. Jolene says:

That looks fun! A friend had suggested that I take my kids (aged 9 & 4) to a Comic Con event but I am not sure about the crowds though.

1. Emilymoon says:

It was a ton of fun and there were loads of kids at the con that I went to. I guess it would just depend on which one you choose, how large it is, and if your kids are comfortable in crowds and will stick with you. I think it was an amazing experience and getting to see the kids dressed up and having fun was one of the sweetest parts.

17. Emily, this looks like so much fun! I have never been to a comic con and would really like to go. Your post has inspired me! Thank you!

1. EmilyLauren says:

You need to check one out!

18. Marya says:

It seems like you had so much fun! And yes, you’re not lying when you mentioned about it being overcrowded and so hard to get out from seeing the pic of the crowds at the event. 😮
    I’ve never been to such event but I know there’s some similar event held in Indonesia, and I’m intrigued to try. Maybe try some cosplay too as I’ve never been the kind of person who’s into playing costumes? Do something different in a way? ☺️

1. EmilyLauren says:

Totally! It’s a great experience to try out at least once!

19. Lynne says:

Amazing photography! This looks like an incredible event! Thank you for sharing all the details!

1. EmilyLauren says:

Thanks Lynne!

20. Emily says:

I’ve never been but it looks like a fun time! From your pictures and all the awesome stuff, I can tell why you did some serious shopping!

1. EmilyLauren says:

The shopping was the best! Thanks for stopping by!

21. justine says:

OH MY GODDDDDDD!!!!!! this is amazing. I love your phasma costume. We’re going to go to Awesome Con here in DC and I don’t know if we’re going to dress up but now seeing your pictures I totally want to dress up! I need a budget going there because I’ll end up spending all the money LOL

1. EmilyLauren says:

Totally dress up! It gives you like a whole experience, even if your costume is super simple. Get ready to shop!!

22. Leigh Ann says:

Looks like you had a blast! What a fun event 🙂

1. EmilyLauren says:

Totally did, thanks for stopping by Leigh Ann!

That looks and sounds like a ton of fun. I haven’t had the opportunity to go to a Comic Con, I am hoping to be able to go in the future.

1. EmilyLauren says:

You totally should!!

24. Lisa Favre says:

My nerdy heart is thumping up and down! This is TOTALLY my kind of thing and I hope I can attend it some day.

1. EmilyLauren says:

It was super fun! Thanks for stopping by Lisa!

25. Natalia says:

To me this kind of events is something out of the ordinary … I’d love to attend such a meeting and see everything myself! 🙂

1. EmilyLauren says:

It was a great experience for sure~

26. I once stumbled upon a comic con convention when I was going to a concert, it was in the same building lol. I never thought that would be my thing, but I totally loved seeing all the outfits, it was super fun. http://www.aniatravels.com

1. EmilyLauren says:

Seriously, I grew up with a ton of friends who went to conventions several times a year and I didn’t get it. After I got the chance to go, I totally understand why it is so much fun for so many people. You get to be around so many like minded people, in a super positive environment with tons of shopping, panels and more. I am DYING to go back.

27. I enjoyed reading about your experience! I haven’t been to one yet, but I’d really like to go.

28. kara says:

I have never been but I have heard so many cool things about comic con! The shopping alone looks worth the trip!