Roof Top Coffees and Town Hall

It’s maybe been about a month since I received my celiac diagnosis and have been feeling a million and a half times better since going totally gluten free. I do miss some of my everyday staples, pizza from the shop I’ve been eating for years, and eating out carelessly. All of that is worth the exchange though. because I can finally get back to worrying about things other than being sick or feeling totally run down. I don’t feel 100% quite yet, but I feel like that will be coming soon.

I was lucky to get to spent the last weekend in Cleveland! My sister and I wanted to meet up and spend some time together now that the fall semester has come to a close, eating some yummy food and getting facials. And if you’ve never had a facial done professionally by an esthetician, you MUST try it. The most relaxing thing ever. With the stresses of worrying about food, this was a much much needed hour of relaxation.

One of the very cool things about Cleveland is the sheer amount of stuff that you can do. We decided that we wanted to hit up Cleveland Flea, a long time favorite of my sisters. I would say that this is a more “hipster-esque” flea, with tons of local vendors selling handmade wares and items. The environment was so refreshing, because literally everyone there had a smile on their face. They had a couple food vendors (none gluten free), but when I asked them about their gluten free options, they were looking into options in the future. One company that makes donuts was even working on a recipe! I know that I can always make my own, but seeing that there will be places for me to pick some up in the future is exciting.

After spending some time at the flea, we headed over to Town Hall, an allergen friendly spot in Ohio City. Their menu has tons of options to make meals gluten free, vegan, vegetarian or paleo, with their wait staff asking specifically if there are any foods that you need to avoid. The overall ambiance of Town Hall is incredible.

This was one of the first times that I had really ventured out to get food since my diagnosis, so naturally I was on the wary and nervous side. I chose to get a gluten free burger with a side of fries, and my sister got a huge salad. Everything was delicious. I feel like I’m still dreaming about the truffle fries, which wear seasoned so lovely. I could have eaten a bucket of them. My dish also came with aioli which was amazing. I would have loved to have some desserts but I was totally stuffed after clearing my plate, much to my sister’s disappointment.

When we were at the flea, a vendor for Passengers Coffee had a stand set up with tons of treats and coffee. My sister is a bit of a coffee fiend and loves their shop, so we decided to stop by before heading home. The coolest thing about this hostel/coffee shop is that they have a rooftop patio with great views! We stopped to get her a coffee and biscotti, and headed up to the roof. It was the perfect way to cinch the time spent in Ohio City.

While having celiac around the holidays may suck just a bit, days like this are what take the edge off, with family and really good food. Things are looking up, and I’m really jazzed to see whats next for me.

XOXO

Emily

22 thoughts on “Roof Top Coffees and Town Hall

1. Town Hall sounds like a great place to visit, even for people like me, who do not have food allergies! This sounds like a place that I would like to check out sometime. I love all the unique buttons and cool critters (so cute!) they sell too.

2. Cristine says:

Cleveland is such a great food town. It’s definit a great stop for foodies. More people need to discover it.

3. oyibo says:

so you were able to enjoy all those without me..lol, you must have has a great time, so glad you are feeling a lot better and enjoying yourself.

4. kara says:

I love finding cool new roof top locations by me. I don’t drink coffee but it still looks good!

5. Toni says:

Cleveland looks like a awesome place to visit. And the food looks so good!

6. Maryal says:

I never knew that Cleveland was such a foodie town! It looks and sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

7. Sounds like a great time! I finally got into the routine of regular facials and it has transformed my skin! Cheers!

8. Coffee with city views from the rooftop is such a fun way to pass time!

9. I’ve always wanted to visit Cleveland. I hope to make it up there soon and I’ll definitely be checking out the places you mentioned in your post today. Great work!

x Tandra | ablackgirlblogging.com

Glad that you are feeling lot better.
    Diets are most often the cause of several health problems unfortunately.

11. your info is quite helpful to forever.This article important and really good the for me is.Keep it up and thanks to the writer.

12. jessica says:

Glad you were able to find joy during the holidays!

13. Ritika says:

That must have been such a huge change for you. I bet it was especially hard during this time of year! But, I’ll bet you’ll be glad once the New Year rolls around. I had a friend tell me it was a lot easier to stay fit and healthy when you physically CAN’T have certain treats.

14. Erica says:

I’ve been gluten-free for almost 6 years. I don’t think I’m celiac, though I’ve never been tested. However, i had horrible skin problems before I gave up gluten. The difference when I stopped eating it was really dramatic. It sounds like you’re adjusting really well. From someone who has been there/ done that, you’ll eventually find a good substitute for almost every food you love.

15. mary says:

I’m glad you had fun! This places looks like it would be!!

16. Samantha says:

Glad you are feeling better! Love these photos, look like great spots.

17. Being vegan, I know how hard it can be to find yummy food out! If you have Blaze Pizza nearby, they have offer a gluten-free crust.
    It looks like you had a fun weekend! πŸ™‚
    PS. This is my first time stopping by, and your blog is adorable! <3

18. Leslie says:

Eating gluten free is an adventure, to say the least. You trip sounds like a lot of fun. That flea market would be something I’d love to check out.

19. sadiee says:

I totally need to visit here after reading this! Looks like such a fun yummy place

20. This looks so good, I am going to need to get out and visit!

21. Cait says:

Glad you were able to have a good time πŸ™‚ that coffee spot sounds amazing! I will have to remember this spot.

22. It’s amazing how you can find gluten-free products in restaurants and grocery stores now. It will certainly make the transition easier. I’m glad that you are starting to feel better.